Soquel High School offers a variety of competitive sports and is part of the Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League (SCCAL) and the California Interscholastic Federation-Central Coast Section (CCS). In the fall we offer Cross Country, Football, Girls Golf, Girls Tennis, Girls Volleyball, and Water Polo. In winter we offer Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling, and in the spring there is Baseball, Softball, Track & Field, Swimming & Diving, Boys Tennis, Boys Golf, and Boys Volleyball. In addition, Soquel High School students can compete in surfing and cheer that fall outside of the SCCAL and CCS and are listed under Club Sports.
Maps to Athletic Venues
Driver - Field Trip Form
Effective this school year (2015-2016) the Athletic Release Form will be completed online through our partner company FamilyID. Family ID is a secure registration site that provides an easy, user-friendly means of registering for participation. Once registered the system will keep track of your information in your family profile. By saving your information future registrations will be simplified.
To complete Athletic Registration Complete Steps 1 & 2
- Print out the Physicians Clearance Forms - only 2 pages long.
Have the doctor fill out 1 page
Student or parent fills out the second page
Bring both forms to Stu Walters, Athletic Director
- Register at Family ID
How to register at family ID
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER FOR ATHLETICS
It will be helpful to have the following information on hand when completing the online registration form:
- Health Insurance Information (Carrier and Policy Number)
- Doctor Information (Name and Phone Number)
- Emergency contact information
To register, click button below
Once on the Soquel High School page on FamilyID.com follow these instructions:
The first time:
1. Click on Sign up in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter your family name, email address and create a password. (Write it down or store it in your phone).
- You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account (if you don’t see the email, check your spam or junk mail).
- Click on the link your email confirmation.
- Confirm your account and now you can register your athletes
2. Next and Future Visits:
-Click on the “Find Programs” tab and type in” Soquel High School” or go to the link above and “Log in”
-Once the page loads that says “Soquel High School, Home of the Knights” scroll down and find the current program (season) that we are registering.
For the current year, click on “2015 Fall Athletic Registration”
-Enter the required information and the agreements, click Save and Continue.
- There is no cost, so when prompted, please Submit your registration on the next page.
3. Finally (VERY IMPORTANT), you will be required to submit a Physicians Clearance Form
- Each school year your child must be cleared by a physician in order to participate in high school sports.
- This form must be turned into the Athletic Director, Stu Walters, before your child will be allowed to participate in any tryouts or practices.
-To print the required forms go to the link below. Note: this form is only 2 pages long and must be filled out by parents/guardians, students and a Physician.
Click here to Print Instructions from above
SUPPORT FROM FAMILYID.COM
If you need assistance with your registration on the FamilyID website you can call FamilyID at 888-800-5583 ext 1 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. FamilyID also offers online chat during business hours (click on the “Support” tab) plus they have a support center at the website: https://familyid.desk.com/ . Support is available 7 days a week and messages will be returned promptly.
Open in - English - print page 4 only
Open in - Espanol - Imprimir página 4 sólo
If you are a player, coach or parent and have information about your sport you would like included in the web site, contact the Soquel High webmaster or ask your coach to contact the Soquel High Athletic Director at 429-3950.
For the complete league schedule go to SCCAL.
For eligibility rules when transferring to SHS, or other regional information, go to the CIF Central Coast Section (CCS) website.
Scholar Athlete isawarded once a year to the senior who did well in both sports andacademiclly. An award is given to one senior boy and one senior girl.This award has included some money donated by the Soquel High Fund inthe form of a scholarship. The Athlete Director will call forapplications to be submitted usually in May each year. Seniors who wishto apply for the Scholar Athlete please print out both pages of theapplication by clicking on the form in blue--- scholar athletic form